Sunlight glimmered on new leaves
Stirred by a warm, fragrant breeze.
On the pads of a wolf, he moved
Over ferns, mossy stones,
The roots of ancient trees.
He followed the sound of water
And found a chasm.
It yawned before him, echoing with whispers.
He leaned over the edge
And gazed into the starless, endless Void.
“What is the true meaning of darkness?”
He looked up at the sound of his master’s voice.
On the far side of the abyss stood the Dark Warrior,
Creator of Ostarin.
The war god beckoned him to jump.
© F.T. McKinstry 2013. All Rights Reserved.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
~ by F.T. McKinstry on March 31, 2013.
Posted in Ealiron, F.T. McKinstry, Fantasy, Otherworld, Poetry, Swords and Sorcery, The Hunter's Rede, War
Tags: abyss, archetype, chasm, forest, gods, immortals, magic, metaphor, vision, warrior, water, wizard, wolf